Need some creative meal ideas for your next meeting or event? Chef Tiffany, of St. Charles’ Pheasant Run Resort, is sharing some of her favorite recipes for summer—though these work just as well all year-round. Here we pick one that we think you’ll enjoy; find her full recipe deck here.
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Apricot Glaze (yield tw0 per person)
- 32 -Nature Organic Dates
- 1/4 C Goat Cheese
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- 1 C Unsalted Shelled Pistachios
- Kosher salt
- Apricot Glaze
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1⁄2 C Sugar
- 1/3 C Apricot Nectar
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1/2 C Apricot Halves, drained, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Open the slit in the unpitted date lengthwise and stuff each one with 1/2 teaspoon of the goat cheese. Pinch the dates closed.
3. Wrap each date securely in a piece of bacon and arrange the dates, seam side down, on a wire rack set on a baking sheet.
4. Bake the stuffed dates for about 20 minutes, or until the bacon is browned and crisp; turn each date after 10 minutes. Serve the stuffed dates warm or at room temperature
5. In a saucepan, blend the cornstarch & sugar, then add the nectar.
6. Heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
7. Remove from the heat & add the rest of the ingredients & mix well.
8. Serve warm or chilled.
Illinois Meetings + Events