These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to email@example.com.
Jamie Lemon was recently hired as general manager at Rancho Bernardo Inn, in Rancho Bernardo, Calif.
1. What are you looking forward to the most in your new role as General Manager?
Leading a great team and working together to drive the guest experience to ensure it’s exceptional.
2. How do you think past experiences have prepared you for this role?
I have had the pleasure of working in Europe and many US markets with some outstanding people who invested in me. From Northern Ireland to coast-to-coast in the United States, I’ve soaked in every opportunity in my path.
3. How did you get into the industry?
I got into the industry after earning my degree in hospitality and tourism. To get my foot in the door, my first hotel job was collecting glasses around the property, 29 years ago. I’ve worked (almost) every position in hospitality in my 29 year career.
4. What are you hoping to achieve in your new role?
I look forward to continuing to develop a great team of hospitality professionals, to deliver service excellence, and create lasting memories for our guests – experiences that truly represent the beauty of Rancho Bernardo Inn.
5. What do you enjoy most about the industry?